Friday 4 November 2011

Dawa stalls

Just finished work and making my way to a spot of grappling and I see a dawa stall at the main entrance to Stratford shopping centre (McDonalds side, and not station side). I stop and greet the brothers and ask them how their day's been. We start talking, and about how the PCO's, then plain cloths police had moved them away from the Stratford station entrance, and that they are pitched in Brixton every Sunday (I think) and I'm asked to watch the stall while they offer Magrib Salaat.

Nobody really stopped to talk, but one very big guy looked at the material on the stall and swore under his breath and continued his journey. I didn't react fast enough. I genuinely wanted to understand why is was soo angry / offended.

After the three stall brothers finished magrib, they told me to just find three others and set my own stall up. I questioned further and that was about it, find three other brothers and just do it. I asked if I could first shadow them at their table for a few Sundays before setting up my own shop. They informed me about a stall near Forest Gate Majid. They mentioned that they had a different style (now I am intrigued). Every Sunday after dhur.

It is something I would love to do. Insha'Allah I will have to make time for such a reward earning activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment