Monday 15 October 2012

Poem: Why do you ignore me?

1st draft

I wish you would notice me, instead your gaze passes me by.
On occasion your hand brushes past and still you deny.
How I long for your attention, some one to one time.
But you think I'm dated and no longer apply.
You sit in the same room and waste your valuable time,
on brain numbing movies, shows and fake news.
Do you think it's enough to just place me up high.
Is that why you brought me here to bless your abode,
Or was it to impress others when they see me in your home.
I want you to love me, and make the time.
No phones, no TV, no distractions just you and I.
Alone, so I can talk to you, guide you and prepare you for what comes.
But you prefer fiction it doesn't matter what kind.
Romance, crime, even blasphemous lies.
When you will you give me some quality time?
Are you waiting for your youth to fade, your hair to grey?
If only you'd hold me, look at me and pay attention just as much as you do,
to your phones, laptops, and other contraptions.
If the language I speak is not your own,
I can speak to you in a tounge of your choice.
When will you pick me up and give me the respect I deserve?
When will you love me more then the series, the soaps and the shows?
I'm still waiting, exactly where you left me the day you brought me home. 
I want you to discuss, and divulge each line
With your friends like you do about that rappers lines.
Come and lavish me with your attentions, take your time, get to know me.
Let us become companions, allies against the ills and vices of this cold world.
Then I'll protect you in this world and even after you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment