Saturday 11 August 2012

Bhopal - Madina Masjid

2012.07.31

Umar is a 4 months every year brother from Kargiristan. For those who know what that means I've no need to explain. For those who don't put simply Umar gives 4months in each year for voluntary work away from home. During this time he pays for all his expenses. Focusing on self rectification and calling Muzlims to good. Particularly encouraging them to also spend some time in Tabilege.

So me and Umar are in khidmaat (in charge of meal prep). I was thinking it'd be a walk in the park seeing as the day before the local brothers would let us lift a cup. To cut it short me and Umar had to get Sahur (pre dawn meal) ready. So up we got at 02:30 and Umar did the bulk of it and allowed me to have a share in the reward by getting the plates, cups and limited cutlery rinsed and on the sufra (eating mat on floor). The kitchen was in a bit of a mess but immediately after everyone had finished eating Umar send me to wash a few plates. He'd already washed the rest, and when I had returned he had the kitchen sorted, cleaned and organised.
He has set the bar high for me, and shown me an exemplary standard to aim for. All this with his broken Urdu and my just passable Urdi (a blend of my own urdu and hindi)

Meal: 30ish soft boiled eggs, butter, jam, bread, hot milk, tea, dates

I thought we'd not purchased sufficient quantities. But from what could tell all 15 brothers eat well in preparation for 11th siyam (fast) of Ramadan.

No comments:

Post a Comment